返回列表 回復 發帖

【每日电讯报】西奥·沃尔科特-英格兰未来的关键人物

【每日电讯报】西奥·沃尔科特-英格兰未来的关键人物 - 18 Nov 2007

英格兰已经被判了死缓,但是对于他们来说,这是第二次了。无情的克罗地亚人,在这个小组保持不败,在周三的温布利球场上会证明自己是一个强大的对手,英格兰首发的锋线,鲁尼和欧文都因伤缺席。

此外,赫斯基依然没有从跖骨骨折中恢复,约翰逊正在从脚踝伤势中复原。英格兰只有了克劳奇,迪福和史密斯三个前锋。
克劳奇和迪福在他们各自俱乐部中都不是主力,史密斯在纽卡一直打中场,本赛季没有进球。克罗地亚怎么会感到害怕。
即使选择有前途的阿邦拉霍,这位在英超进球最多的英国人,进了5个,这似乎也有问题,因为他在周五晚上代表U21比赛时膝盖受伤。所以,谁应该是麦克拉伦求助的人?应该是西奥·沃尔科特。

这位阿森纳前锋自从参加了埃里克森的06年世界杯之后,已经经历了很多,现在是他短暂的职业生涯最佳状态,在欧冠比赛上,他代表阿森纳出场有过一些闪亮的表现。他残忍地撕裂了保加利亚U21的防线,再三地从3、4个后卫之间疾走通过。克劳奇和迪福将在周三首发,但是如果英格兰需要在最后20分钟内进一个球,他们没有比沃尔科特更适合的达到效果的球员了。

“我从未有这么强大过,”沃尔科特说,在他接受了周五晚上本场最佳的奖项之后。“只是一直踢球给我更多自信。如果我有更多比赛机会,我肯定我可以提高更多。”

对于沃尔科特发展的首要负责人就是阿瑟·温格,这位阿森纳主帅已经暗示沃尔科特是欧文未来的接班人。是否这次接班是从温布利开始取决于麦克拉伦,但是毫无疑问,沃尔科特从未有这么出色过。

“整整90分钟,他一直都让我感到兴奋,让我从座位上跳起来,”英格兰U21主帅皮尔斯说,
“他充满了比赛的渴望。无论是现在还是在整个赛季,他都充满了比赛欲望。”

“如果我们可以给予他更多比赛机会,这将为他带来好处,他本赛季为阿森纳的出场次数已经接近于一个主力了,你可以看到。”
他是插在对手心中的一根刺。他是一个禁区盘带高手,这是他的比赛,无时无刻他想的都是去提高和进步。”
“他在一家迷人的俱乐部,有了一个迷人的主帅,他不能干得再好了。”

“我看到这个水平,本赛季进展越多,他收获的自信就越多。当我在8月份时想,在一些早期的比赛中,我看到一点紧张。他在射门上有些畏手畏脚,这样的。当你已经参与到足球之中,你可以说出什么时候一个球员有些紧张。”

“但是他仅仅变得越来越强大。他给对手防线带来了恐惧和威胁,我自己也会讨厌当他的对手。当你问问主帅们什么是他们最想从攻击性球员身上得到的,你会不得不说是速度-西奥在这方面非常出色。他是一个后卫的噩梦-你看到这个点球,当他盘带过了3-4人时,就好像对这些后卫视若无物。”

皮尔斯正在谈到是沃尔科特最后时刻在禁区内掀起了滔天巨浪-这只是他多次表演其中一次-这次他迫使保加利亚后卫对他犯规。沃尔科特兴奋不已,他起身,将球放在点球点上,但米勒走了过来,这位球员是主帅安排的头号点球手,沃尔科特显得很生气,但米勒罚进点球,英格兰2:0获胜。

这是一个迷人的小插曲。如果是亨利制造的点球,他就不会去主罚,他坚称他主罚不知要怎么办。作为一个孩子,沃尔科特崇拜这位法国人,但是在过去几周,他的身上显示出了霸道的影子。沃尔科特是按照温格的指示和要求,更要有侵略性。

“他希望我去展示更多的侵略性,我现在正在这么做,”沃尔科特说。“他要求的侵略性,并不是要我去踢别人,而是让我作为一个球员,更多地利用我的力量和速度去突破他们。”

沃尔科特在上赛季下半段一直忍受着肩部伤势的折磨,间歇性的脱臼-这是一个非常痛苦的折磨-但是在夏天动手术之后,这个问题得到了解决。

“肩膀现在没问题了,”他说。“这意味着我可以更好地去面对贴身盯防,同样也可以更好地过人了。我在体育馆训练很刻苦,来增强我的力量。”
“我知道我可以现在跑过球员,不必担心肩部会脱臼,我真的很高兴。”

“我只是专注于刻苦训练,好好表现,尽力去保证我在球队的位置,无论是俱乐部还是国家队。”
“我现在为阿森纳出场次数更多了,我认为现在是开始展示我在球场上的自信的时候了。”
“我现在的一脚触球已经达到了以往水准,之前我有很长一段时间没有踢球了。”

“当你不停在球队进进出出,这会让人感到非常困难,但是我现在更加安定了。”
“老板已经表明了他对我的信任,我希望报答他的信任。我只是想为英格兰好好踢球,并把这个状态带回到我的俱乐部。”
“我认为每个人都看到我最终的位置是打前锋,但是我很高兴在目前踢任何位置。”

“我依然还在学习,提高我的比赛能力,享受在边路踢球的乐趣,但是希望有一天,我将出现在前锋位置上。”
“我仅仅只有18岁,这点有时被人们忽略了,路在前方,未来还有很远。”

作为一个18岁球员,欧文已经成为显赫的英格兰失利的一分子,在1998年世界杯阿根廷和英格兰比赛中,欧文打进了一粒非凡的进球。沃尔科特依然年仅18,这支英格兰队却没有什么显赫之处,厌倦的人们正在期待着一个新的英雄诞生。
这次是沃尔科特的机遇吗?
附件: 您所在的用戶組無法下載或查看附件

Theo Walcott holds the key to England's future

Theo Walcott holds the key to England's future  - 18 Nov 2007
England are reprieved, but have it within them to throw it all away for a second time. The ruthless Croats, unbeaten in the group, will prove formidable opponents at Wembley on Wednesday, the more so as England's first-choice strike force, Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen, are missing through injury.

Furthermore, Emile Heskey has still not recovered from a broken metatarsal, and Andrew Johnson has been recuperating from an ankle injury. That leaves England with Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe and Alan Smith.

Crouch and Defoe are not first choice for their respective clubs, while Smith is used by Newcastle in midfield and has not scored this season. How Croatia must be cowering.

Even the option of promoting Gabriel Agbonlahor, the top-scoring Englishman in the Premier League with five goals, looks problematic as he hurt a knee playing for the Under-21s on Friday night. So, who should Steve McClaren turn to? Enter Theo Walcott.
The Arsenal forward has come a long way since playing the role of Eriksson's Folly at the 2006 World Cup and is in the best form of his short career, with some star turns for Arsenal in the Champions League. He brutalised the Bulgaria Under-21 defence, repeatedly scooting past three or four defenders at a time. Crouch and Defoe will start on Wednesday, but if England need a goal with 20 minutes to go, they have no greater impact player at their disposal than Walcott.

"I have never been stronger," Walcott said, after receiving his man-of-the-match award on Friday night. "Just playing has been giving me more confidence. If I get more games, I'm sure I can improve further."
The man chiefly responsible for Walcott's development is Arsene Wenger, and the Arsenal manager has suggested that Walcott will be the long-term successor to Owen. Whether that succession is initiated at Wembley is down to McClaren, but there is no doubting that Walcott has never been better.

"He gets me excited, he gets me off my seat," said Stuart Pearce, the England Under-21 coach. "I see at this level, the more the season has gone on the more confidence he has gained. When I think back to August, and in some of the earlier games, I saw a bit of nervousness. He was snatching at shots, that sort of thing. When you have been around football, you can tell when a player is nervous.

"But he's just grown stronger and stronger. He strikes fear into the heart of opposing defences and I would have hated to have played against him. When you ask managers what they most want from attacking players you would have to say pace - and Theo has that in abundance. He's a defender's nightmare - you saw that for the penalty when he drifted past three or four as if they weren't there."

Pearce was referring to Walcott's late surge into the box - one of many - that forced the Bulgaria defence into fouling him. Walcott, adrenaline pumping, got up and put the ball on the spot and was furious when James Milner asserted his rightful authority as penalty-taker. Milner converted and England won 2-0.

The incident was intriguing, though. Thierry Henry would memorably avoid taking a penalty if he had won it, insisting he was not in the right frame of mind. As a boy, Walcott idolised the Frenchman, but these past weeks have seen him emerge from that imperious shadow. Walcott is, at the bidding of Wenger, becoming more aggressive.

"He wants me to show more aggression and I'm starting to do that," Walcott said. "It's not the type of aggression where I go around kicking players, but that I take players on more, use my strength and speed to go past them."
Walcott suffered through the second half of last season with a shoulder that kept popping out of its socket - a formidably painful injury - but over the summer he underwent surgery to fix the problem.

"The shoulder's fine now," he said. "It means I'm better at holding off players, as well as running past them. I've been working hard in the gym to build up that strength."

As an 18-year-old, Owen was part of a glorious England failure, scoring that remarkable goal as Glenn Hoddle's team were eliminated by Argentina from the 1998 World Cup. Walcott is still only 18, and while there is little glorious about this England side, a jaded support is in need of new heroes.
在非常多的年轻英格兰球员当中,我相信WALCOTT和曼城的RICHARD是最出色的两位未来之星
返回列表