返回列表 回復 發帖

新發明茄汁樽 讓你用盡每一滴

Come on, Heinz, catch up! Enterprising students create ketchup bottle that pours like milk (and it only took them two months)tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb* T9 E; Q, s' ~& P* S, F9 O
By Eddie Wrenn
4 L" ]" F: E! z8 Tos.tvboxnow.comPUBLISHED: 08:56 GMT, 23 May 2012 | UPDATED: 12:23 GMT, 23 May 2012公仔箱論壇+ v  x  X* _0 {1 I- y% n

: s3 {% F8 ~3 j2 K( D  M& qAny ketchup fan will tell you: Getting that last dollop of the red stuff out of the bottle is a headache - and it normally just ends up in the bin.
4 O* [, D. M7 \But now, a radical new bottle design could spell the end of that problem forever.4 t  z) {# w  }$ h# i0 l0 d
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb, B7 \4 G- G( n2 M& S) _6 j
The MIT university team came up with LiquiGlide, a 'super-slippery' coating which makes the insides of the bottle so frictionless that the sludgy goo inside just slides out like water.
8 P% r4 B) A$ v; g* ]tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
0 b: s. Z3 B+ `: t! H/ [# y. \tvb now,tvbnow,bttvbThe results are astonishing - and any burger and chips fan out there should prepare to be amazed.TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。1 q2 P% D: c! J

7 q0 w/ x5 B* m) s9 A; etvb now,tvbnow,bttvbMIT PhD candidate Dave Smith and his team of mechanical engineers and nano-technologists at the Varanasi Research Group spent two months devising a solution.
- h: @2 s4 R1 b* n( |! C6 Ptvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
  x( A$ e) Z) K- Stvb now,tvbnow,bttvbBurger fan Smith said: 'We were really interested in - and still are - using this coating for anti-icing, or for preventing clogs that form in oil and gas lines, or for non-wetting applications like, say, on windshields.
5 Z9 R% M# i6 }) M" r6 c! [- z& D
1 ^: w: M1 b& o, ^: \  s6 s( b'Somehow this sparked the idea of putting it in food bottles - it could be great just for its slippery properties.
  |1 O4 {& O6 s& F  x4 ^( ~5 H' X, Z' i" M; d
'Plus, most of these other applications have a much longer time to market - we realised we could make this coating for bottles that is pretty much ready. I mean, it is ready, as you can see.os.tvboxnow.com" D+ g' Y. G" y. N
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb. |1 g4 b% O6 {2 |% S" z: X) B' p! Q
'We had a limited amount of materials to pick from - I can’t say what they are, but we’ve patented the hell out of it.'公仔箱論壇) t: x% l# G8 ]& Y" A, v
9 _" u7 L' p2 Q' G. Q  c. S
Naturally, the team had to research their market before getting to work.tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb: \$ A9 e2 @; e8 J) T: ^8 q

0 h. j; E$ r* b3 c7 P6 ^5 ]/ p: Ptvb now,tvbnow,bttvbSmith, who is is pursuing a PhD in mechanical engineering and a minor in entrepreneurship, and already holds nine patents, told the FastCo website: 'It was never really a personal pain point for me, but I do hate struggling to get sauce out of the bottles.
# Q# I1 b" a/ {: Jtvb now,tvbnow,bttvb! q4 M( }" G; U5 d+ c. `9 G5 Y  Z
'I didn’t know about the tapping of the '57' until I started looking into this. It was all news to me.
" M) U; w* I7 n- ~+ U, ~; lTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。
) w2 w5 I5 S* E1 }1 r3 E1 x8 C'We have all types of sauces, jellies, and jams everywhere in our lab - It’s like a closet full of condiments.'
- _0 I) j9 i$ I$ g# _公仔箱論壇
+ o9 c5 `# a2 R0 Y( u, ~公仔箱論壇 TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。9 r. y+ r9 K; p5 {6 V2 X
For those who cannot see the video: See how the ketchup pours like milk towards the lip of the bottle, before landing neatly on your burger or chips
% D% |9 b$ L0 m4 ~% Q- Z2 P! cos.tvboxnow.com8 P5 H) y" b# D) K1 F

) k* M6 f" x2 `6 qThe old way: Good luck getting that last piece out...os.tvboxnow.com6 v4 u/ U$ f9 K0 S
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。' n0 `3 |6 a4 N' C4 f" ]* G& d, k; ~
So why did the team pick sauces for their award-winning product?tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb2 F, `6 l$ T" Z; q1 E: I' k

: y& w4 d$ P6 L8 D, x0 U% xTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。Dave said: 'It’s funny: Everyone is always like, "Why bottles? What’s the big deal?"
, q' Y# E4 \3 N+ `; t( R* I& d公仔箱論壇
8 Z9 T* f; s: D% Y7 d$ I$ v( HTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。'But then you tell them the market for bottles - just the sauces alone is a $17billion market.
0 j9 X1 c2 ^3 |+ l# g公仔箱論壇
, b4 z5 q& {2 oTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。'And if all those bottles had our coating, we estimate that we could save about one million tons of food from being thrown out every year.'" N) d; v1 E" w& S+ E
os.tvboxnow.com! ~* m6 A4 i$ b2 q$ Y- h
The secret ingredient to the liquid coating is a heavily-guarded secret, but the team promise it is non-toxic and will be FDA approved.+ A) X/ l3 N: z) B3 s
公仔箱論壇" p) d5 F+ w9 O2 R
The $100,000 winner of MIT's contest was perhaps a bit less jaw-dropping, but hopefully just as useful.os.tvboxnow.com8 K- n; [  G+ c3 I$ P) U
1 U& _: C, U4 v1 K/ I5 S2 l+ R' `
The product, called CloudTop, was created by 22-year-old undergraduate Brett van Zuiden, and aims to remove the 'Upload' button from the web, by linking all those different services - such as Facebook, Google Drive, DropBox, and Flickr - together.
. j  ]' _; f3 f! }% N. t: `. Xos.tvboxnow.com
7 ^- Y. ~1 \5 K'I get my burger and proceed to add all the necessary condiments: lettuce, tomatoes, onions…but oh no!
6 x! j" K% I( n, i& Stvb now,tvbnow,bttvb公仔箱論壇8 @3 `6 T+ t% V8 b
'The ketchup bottle is running low! I violently shake and slam on the bottle but only manage to get a small drop out (or even worse, I spray it all over my clothes!)'
- A- D8 i% H4 f. I/ ?7 u公仔箱論壇
Dave Smith, MIT, explains the problem# u6 ^6 r# f* E0 N2 ?

6 K/ y2 E% K& H: Z9 G# w3 gtvb now,tvbnow,bttvbFor example, you could drag and drop a picture file between all the different photo services without needing to re-upload and re-tag on each occasion.tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb) T" i- u$ j' B
" I' D4 ?; U9 R% ?

7 ~* C& R3 r/ y$ ?1 s* w+ K2 \Team LiquiGlide was bestowed the Reader's Choice at MIT's Entrepreneurship Contest, winning a $2,000 prize - but their product is sure to reap them much more money in the future
0 J( }+ D7 m0 d& V4 ], [) h: E公仔箱論壇) S$ u  v4 i7 e; \& g

J7 k! L8 S1 U5 A( G, Qos.tvboxnow.comNot a fan of ketchup? Mayonnaise lovers can also enjoy the magical properties of LiquiGlide
) i# N; T" o( L9 x/ v5 ~tvb now,tvbnow,bttvbtvb now,tvbnow,bttvb$ q" i% }; h4 N& L, k7 ~

) S2 d- [5 R! F; p- l9 c! S
0 O) W. X$ S( g( B  v( T2 ^os.tvboxnow.comHOW TO GET THE LAST DROP
6 z8 J' C8 @- _: z( A7 h8 utvb now,tvbnow,bttvbSo while we wait for the MIT team's product to come to market, how can you get that last bit of ketchup?
) K' i6 Y* J/ U$ A- S, o公仔箱論壇1 J! ]; c3 F* B- d
There are many tried and true methods - all of which involves some vigorous shaking, spinning or twisting, with swearing optional.
) `8 d' t% T8 m2 x  sos.tvboxnow.com
" L1 J5 L# @( nThere's the windmill approach: Swing your arm around in a semi-circle and let the centrifugal forces help you out.
  }  d6 o& G* t7 Atvb now,tvbnow,bttvb' d* K$ q+ w# Q# B  Y
Or, most common, is the 'tap-tap-tap' approach, where you hit the end of the bottle and wait for the ketchup to fall - but this normally either takes a while - or ends up covering your food with way too much sauce.tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb$ \* h6 c) W6 C+ B8 d2 q5 `

: t9 `# _  l) C1 Y6 r) hHeinz recommends this tip: 'To release ketchup faster from the glass bottle, apply a firm tap to the sweet spot on the neck of the bottle - the '57'.
& O- T+ t, G) W- V$ L; Z- ktvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
; s: P2 j, N  J5 _( B" {$ P. v'Very few people know this secret. Now you’re in-the-know.'tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb! ^, g2 g  m8 n" [. l$ `# J

# R" O% Z' e) L! z: m4 lWhen the bottle is completely full, a vacuum keeps the sauce intact - so use a knife to get the first bit out, and it will get easier after that.TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。9 ^' W# m* }( O) g& |2 @

5 s- x/ E5 _; pos.tvboxnow.comAnd store your bottle upside-down - at least that way the slow-moving sauce has less far to travel.
' h& O! J, x+ {. c' t6 H& G0 ~8 Y# L
返回列表