返回列表 回復 發帖

菲尔最后一击?

Lakers coach aims to extend his record of 10 NBA championships, with no guarantee that he will be around next season. It's up to him,
however.

湖人教练意图打破自己10个NBA总冠军的纪录,他下赛季继续执教没有任何保证。然而这都取决于他自己。

The Lakers are entering the postseason for the 56th time in their history. Will it be their last with Phil Jackson?

湖人在历史上第56次进入季后赛,这是菲尔的最后一次季后赛了么?

Among the many story lines as the playoffs begin — Can Kobe Bryant win a fifth championship ring? Can the Lakers win their 16th title to
move within one of the Boston Celtics — is whether Jackson will come back next season.

季后赛开始,在这众多的故事情节之间--科比能赢得第五个总冠军么?湖人能赢得他们第16个总冠军并把落后于凯尔特人的数目变成1么?--菲尔下个赛季还在么

The Lakers' coach has dropped hints that he might be done, particularly if he can't get messages through to players or if the Lakers don't
come close to repeating as champions. He knows the importance of the near future.

湖人教练已经暗示了他将要做的,特别是如果他无法从球员处得到支持或是湖人没能成功卫冕。他知道不久的将来有多重要。

"Whatever brought me together with this team is kind of great fortune on my part and a great opportunity for me to coach great players," he
said. "Here's Kobe getting an opportunity to get his fifth championship ring. This is a penultimate moment. And [ Derek] Fisher too. There's
only a handful of players that can say that."

“不管是什么把我和这支球队连在一起,对我来说是极大的运气,执教这些伟大的球员是很大的挑战。”他说“现在科比有机会拿到他第五个总冠军。这是倒数第二的时刻(科比赶超乔丹的倒数第二个或者季后赛是倒数第二个部分?)。费舍尔也是如此。只有一部分人可以这样说。”

On top of the usual pressure to win a championship, Jackson, 64, is in the final year of a contract paying him $12 million this season.

赢得总冠军的路途中,杰克逊这个64岁的教练最大的压力是他到了合约年--本赛季工资1200万。

Whether he returns will be up to him, though he won't decide until after the season.

是否回归取决于他自己,尽管他赛季结束之后才会决定。

He has won more championships, 10, than any other coach in NBA history. If the Lakers get to the NBA Finals, it will be the 13th time he has
taken a team that far, tying him with NHL coaching legend Scotty Bowman for most trips to the finals in a major pro sport played in the U.S.

他比NBA历史上的教练赢得了更多的总冠军,10次。如果湖人今年进入总决赛,这将会是他第十三次带队征战到此,这将让他与NHL传奇教练Scotty Bowman在带队征战美国最主要职业运动联盟总决赛的次数上战平。

This time of the year eats at Jackson, despite his non-demonstrative demeanor on the bench and low-key approach at practices.

这是困扰着杰克逊的一年,尽管他没有标明自己对板凳的态度,以及在训练方法上的低调。

"My companions in life have told me often that I'm different over this six to eight weeks," Jackson said. "My sleep is disrupted. There's more anxiety over the game. It's hard. There's no downtime.

“曾赢得的冠军经常告诉我,在接下来的六到七周时间我会不一样。”杰克逊说“我睡眠状况混乱。对比赛更加焦虑。这很困难,没有停工的时间。”

"Every play demands an energy response from players. This is what our preaching to these players is right now. Every play is a very
inspirational moment."

“每一个战术都需要球员们的积极响应。这是我们现在想要告诫球员们的。每一个战术都是鼓舞人心的时刻。”

Jackson typically lets his teams hunt and peck their way through the regular season, believing that the depth of learning will be stronger if
players figure out solutions on their own.

杰克逊让他的球员进行了“杰克逊特色”的活动--逐场回顾常规赛,他相信如果球员们自己能找到解决自身问题的办法,他们学习的程度会更深。

That tends to change once the games really count.

这更易于让球队真正转变。

"He's not going to take time to let you figure it out," forward Lamar Odom said.

“他不会给你太多时间让你解决自身问题”前锋奥多姆说。

Or, as Fisher said, "You can tell that he's aware of what time of the season it is."

或者就像费舍尔说的“你可以说他无视赛季到了何种时刻。”

Few people understand what Jackson endures as coach of the Lakers. It's one thing to be in charge of the Memphis Grizzlies or Indiana Pacers,
where a successful playoff run is defined as simply getting there in the first place, but it's an entirely different entity to balance the
weight of a fan base and an owner that expects a title run every season.

很少人明白杰克逊可以持续执教湖人的原因。和管理灰熊或是步行者相比--他们成功的季后赛仅仅定义为可以进入季后赛,菲尔面对的状况完全不一样,平衡一只众星云集的球队,为一个每年都想夺得总冠军的老板工作。

"You've got to mentally always stay on top of your game, particularly when you're in a situation like him where there's an exorbitant amount
of expectation," said Minnesota Timberwolves Coach Kurt Rambis, who won four championships as a forward for the Lakers and another two as an assistant under Jackson. "Everybody expects to be back in the NBA Finals. Nothing short of that is acceptable. There's some pressure but
there's also some sort of excitement about that too, something that ‘adrenalizes' you in that type of edge-cutting, competitive environment.

“你必须在每场比赛精神高度集中,特别是如果你站在和他一样的位置上--合约上的价钱过于昂贵。”狼队教练Kurt Rambis说--他曾以湖人前锋的身份赢得两次总冠军,也在菲尔手下当助理教练时赢得两次“每个人都想进入总决赛。低于这样的目标都无法接受。这确实是压力,但也有一些让人兴奋的成分,一些在危急时刻或是竞争状态中‘刺激’你的东西”

"There's some aspect of NBA ball that he doesn't like — travel being one — but he just loves the sport, he loves the competition, he loves
the organizing of the team, the growth of the team, the maturity of the team, the development of the team throughout the season. It's
something that kind of makes his engine go."

“NBA也有一些方面他不喜欢--旅行就是一种--但是他就是喜欢这项运动,他热爱竞争,他热爱组织球队,看着整个赛季球队的成长、球队的成熟、球队的发展。这是某种推动他发动机运转的动力。”

Will he be back? Nobody knows at this point, not even Jackson.

他明年会回来么?现在没人知道,即使是他自己。

原文:http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-phil-jackson-20100418,0,4604834.story
洛杉磯湖人俱樂部 / 如果人間有未來,一定是綠色的。
返回列表