返回列表 回復 發帖
Red Lobsters chain restaurants seem to be doing okay, but I think The Cheesecake Factory has gone bankrupt (So much for health-conscious food trend, MacDonalds and KFCs are still popular). I'm not su ...
gracechanstuart 發表於 2014-8-27 08:06 PM
American people care about health? My girlfriend and I ate at Bellevue The Cheesecake factory before we returned to Canada on Sunday.  The reason we were there...  cheesecakes.    Everything in Canada is more expensive especially food items.  Rent, labor, fixed cost and coop tax add up=marginal profit.

7% sale tax is nothing!  Our province charge 7% sale tax and the federal government charge another 5% making it a total of 12% sale taxes. Buying stuff from the States with custom duty and other taxes added is still cheaper than buying locally.  

We have no choice other than buying electronics from Best Buy.  Future Shop is also owned by Best Buy so basically the same company.  I bought a TV two years ago and was forced to pay $75 delivery charge because the store never stock up the higher end models.  

This is Canada...
貓貓早安
路人A呢期改佐出現時間哦
lhy92725 發表於 2014-8-28 08:22 AM
我一直都是每天來兩次...
http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/9da4d98b6632947030076493267480fa/http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/suika-tcamasii/429777zo2912lr15.gif  ~ 貓貓 + Chan + Gracechan + Pedestrian_A + pknoface + a ...
fls125 發表於 2014-8-28 09:24 AM
fls 125!
you!
我通常只在呢个时间见到你喔
lhy92725 發表於 2014-8-28 03:48 PM
因為12小時前你在睡覺...
Sorry about responding to your post late.  I was exhausted from going to the Gym last night.  

I love cheesecakes myself, but my husband doesn't, plus I know how much calories is in just one s ...
gracechanstuart 發表於 2014-8-29 12:06 AM
You can now consume more fat after going to the gym.
It's hard to run a restaurant unless people in that area are willing to spend money.  Cheesecake...  My girlfriend loves that and she ordered three different ones and I had to finish them all after she gave up.   I don't have a gym pass.  hehe

Have you try ordering from Amazon?  I found good deals there once a while.  Will check out Fry's next time I am in Seattle because there is one in Renton.

Canada is a good place to live but everything is expensive compare to the USA.

I just learned 貓貓 is from China.  I thought she is from Malaysia...
You are right! I have excuses to be bad with food after going to the gym, but I try not to.  

I'm not such a fan of restaurants all because I can cook and enjoy cooking. But once in a while, ...
gracechanstuart 發表於 2014-8-29 07:57 AM
You need to get into the American culture and eat more cheese and fat!    Since you love cooking, when can I stop by for dinner?

Most employers offer health insurance so most people don't worry about that.  Chiropractor treatment is not included and I paid $40 per visit but was lucky that I only had to went there twice earlier.  Depends on the coverage, some prescription drugs are not covered.  Only low income people with $1x,000 annual income have free health care so most people don't benefit from that.

I buy lots of stuff from Amazon and ship them up at the US side mailbox to save money from cross border shipping.  Sometimes the custom officers are lazy and don't bother filling out forms for charging duty and taxes when returning to Canada.  
大家好,好多謝路人A,GRACE姐提到我果陣轉中文
太長英文我會暈低
如果我是大馬就吾使見到英文暈低啦
lhy92725 發表於 2014-8-29 08:20 AM
見到英文一樣會
Anonymous 發表於 2014-8-29 08:31 AM
英文 英文 英文 英文 英文 英文 英文 英文 英文 英文

Haha 死未!
可能他以为呢度基本上都是海外人士,HK人同大马人
的确呢个论坛是呢三类人多嘅
lhy92725 發表於 2014-8-29 01:32 PM
親愛的貓貓,
對不起! 是我誤會了你是馬來西亞的貓山王... 給你千層面當補償.
其实除佐坐车时间,搭埋真是得一日
星期日一早去,星期一中午到回程
lhy92725 發表於 2014-8-29 05:55 PM
你從哪裡來? 廣洲?
應該咁:

.  .~ := MM MM I  7:MM=MMI  .~                                                  
                                     ,. = ,    D,+=  + M. M    ~~: ...
lckiong 發表於 2014-8-29 04:06 PM
粗口?
成舊...........
chan200308 發表於 2014-8-29 04:35 PM
你從來沒有吃過?
http://hyperallergic.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/zaochenhao.gif 猫猫 ~ lckiong ~ CC gg ~ Pedestrian_A ~ 巧開來 ~ Chan ~ allo ~ gracechang ~ AVI ~
fls125 發表於 2014-8-30 07:59 AM
Hello 125! 我們一起做早操.
你呢d是夜操哦
lhy92725 發表於 2014-8-30 03:36 PM
我練習了很久
你教教我la
返回列表