返回列表 回復 發帖
本帖最後由 gracechanstuart 於 2014-8-29 12:09 AM 編輯
American people care about health? My girlfriend and I ate at Bellevue The Cheesecake factory before we returned to Canada on Sunday.  The reason we were there...  cheesecakes.    Everythi ...
Pedestrian_A 發表於 2014-8-28 04:21 AM
Sorry about responding to your post late.  I was exhausted from going to the Gym last night.  

I love cheesecakes myself, but my husband doesn't, plus I know how much calories is in just one slice of those monsters... So we are not going to The Cheesecake Factory even if they are still around. There used to be a Cheesecake Factory here in Coeur d'Alene, but they closed it down because of bad business I suppose, so I thought they went bankrupt. Americans might not all care about health, but my husband and I try to take care of ourselves the best we can.

It looks like we were really spoiled in Austin with all the access we had to everything we need at a very reasonable price and within 30 minutes drive. Even with Walmart here, they are a little more expensive with the usual items they carry, and in Austin we have Blu-rays of older movies in Walmart for 8 bugs, here even if you want to pay 15-26 bugs for blu-ray movies, you simply cannot because they are not available. Anyways, I think we are still lucky we know where to get what we want or need, and that we could afford to get them.

Next time you're in Portland, check out Fry's Electronics.  They carry a lot more variety of products, and at a very reasonable price.  And they do carry some rare special items you might not find anywhere else. We stopped going to Best Buy a long time ago.

Consider being in Canada still a blessing, if you were in China like 貓貓, you can't have access to Youtube online, because of the Chinese censorship on information.

貓,最後一句提到貓貓,那句是說: 應該為能生活在加拿大而覺得慶幸! 如果生活在中國大陸(像貓貓),就連上 Youtube 都不行,因為中國政府的封鎖資訊。
grace姐早晨啊
今日有咩搞啊
lhy92725 發表於 2014-8-28 11:37 PM
貓貓,唔好意思,尋日冇覆路人甲,頭先就喺度覆佢,所以未見到你個POST,今日要準備整一個甜品叫 cinamon rolls【呢個基本上係一個牛油捲,係一個用玉桂粉加牛油焦糖、中間加 D 美洲山核桃仁(pecan)既甜品】,聽日比老公攞番去請佢D同事食。
貓貓 早晨!!
You can now consume more fat after going to the gym.
It's hard to run a restaurant unless people in that area are willing to spend money.  Cheesecake...  My girlfriend loves that and she ord ...
Pedestrian_A 發表於 2014-8-29 04:37 AM
You are right! I have excuses to be bad with food after going to the gym, but I try not to.  

I'm not such a fan of restaurants all because I can cook and enjoy cooking. But once in a while, it's nice to relax and have other people serve you, especially when it's a special kind of cuisine, or some restaurant that has really good chefs.

Amazon? We do shop quite often there. But always try to pick enough to avoid shipping fees. Living in Canada might be more expensive, but health care seems to be better there than it is in the United States. Nothing is perfect, I guess.

You didn't know 貓貓 is from China?

貓貓 話佢知!!

大家好,好多謝路人A,GRACE姐提到我果陣轉中文
太長英文我會暈低
如果我是大馬就吾使見到英文暈低啦
lhy92725 發表於 2014-8-29 08:20 AM
貓貓唔使多謝啦!! 我唔好意思呀!! 我都唔知點解路人甲會以為你係大馬人嘎!
可能他以为呢度基本上都是海外人士,HK人同大马人
的确呢个论坛是呢三类人多嘅
lhy92725 發表於 2014-8-29 01:32 PM
尋晚通霄整一個甜品叫 cinamon rolls【呢個基本上係一個牛油捲,係一個用玉桂粉加牛油焦糖、中間加 D 美洲山核桃仁(pecan)既甜品】,所以淨係去多謝左無名哥哥,其他人都冇覆佢地 D 回帖,亦基本上冇一個個打招呼,因為焗呢類甜點心,好多功夫,仲係整比一大班人食,整完仲要打包,等老公車番去比同事食嗰陣唔使哩咁hea,所以冇黎預祝貓貓香港旅途愉快添!!

其實我唔係好知道究竟黎公仔箱論壇基本上係D咩人,大部分係睇POST既內容判斷。其他時候就係問 好似貓貓你地呢D老臣子了解了解,所以呢,以後要多向你學習,咁就唔會失禮啦!!
貓貓早晨!! 執好野未呀? 去覆埋路人甲個Post 再黎睇睇!
You need to get into the American culture and eat more cheese and fat!    Since you love cooking, when can I stop by for dinner?

Most employers offer health insurance so most people don't worry ...
Pedestrian_A 發表於 2014-8-29 03:37 PM
I love all kinds of good foods, but I don't like eating too much of anything.  So I eat cheese and sometimes fatty greasy stuff, to enjoy the flavor, but simply don't like having too much. Stop by for dinner? Hmmm, let me check with my asssssssistant....

I didn't know that free health care is only for the people who cannot afford it! I guess if high rate tax didn't go to health care of most people, maybe it goes to taking care of retired citizens? In the United States, health care plans could be "purchased" by all, but employers offer that as part of employees benefits.

Didn't know that you could do that with Amazon to save!!  It's always nice to learn new things; for us, shopping on Amazon, we only pay attention to whether it's a good deal, and how to avoid the shipping cost.
執佐啦其實無咩野
你做咩仲吾訓啊?
lhy92725 發表於 2014-8-30 04:05 PM

因為我尋晚通宵整甜點心之後去左訓,訓到依家啱啱至起身!

原來搵你嘅
lhy92725 發表於 2014-8-30 04:11 PM
啱啱覆完路人甲。邊個話我唔係搵貓貓?? 詆毀我???
甘即系吾使訓啦
lhy92725 發表於 2014-8-30 04:19 PM
啱啱訓左成日,今晚應該都唔使訓囉! 不過聽日再去做Gym,日夜就會平衡番嘎啦!
Thank you for your reply.  Seriously, you don't have to reply if you don't feel comfortable.

Canadian economics is affected by people like me doing cross border shopping.  

Let me know o ...
Pedestrian_A 發表於 2014-8-30 04:19 PM
You're very welcome!! I know I don't have to reply, whether I feel comfortable or not. But I also know that I'd like to be as equally courteous and nice on the internet as I would be in daily lives.

Too bad Canadian economics has you to benefit from!

You have to do what you need to do, though. C'est le vie! Have a great weekend!!

貓貓 晚上好!香港旅程順利!
貓貓 早晨!
貓貓 晚上好!! 新一周愉快!!
返回列表