返回列表 回復 發帖

[網球] DEL POTRO DEFEATS FEDERER IN FIVE SETS TO WIN US OPEN TITLE

lushing Meadows, NY (Sports Network) - Argentine slugger Juan Martindel Potro shocked five-time defending champion Roger Federer in fivesets on Monday to capture the title at the U.S. Open, the final GrandSlam event of the year.Appearing in his first-ever Grand Slam final, the sixth-seeded delPotro stunned the world No. 1 Federer in a grueling five-set affair,3-6, 7-6 (7-5), 4-6, 7-6 (7-4), 6-2 at Arthur Ashe Stadium. The20-year-old del Potro earned $1.6 million for winning the U.S. Open andan additional $250,000 for finishing third in the U.S. Open Series. Healso received a Lexus IS convertible automobile.
0 |' ]! k% G3 T' z( E$ l9 cos.tvboxnow.comFederer settled for $800,000 in defeat. ( |$ z  k1 L" _. z" Q+ M5 x
The 20-year-old del Potro, who throttled former world No. 1 RafaelNadal in the semifinals here on Sunday, is the first Argentine U.S.Open winner since the great Guillermo Vilas turned the trick, on clay,at Forest Hills back in 1977. He's also the first player to beat bothFederer and Nadal in the same Grand Slam event. TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。* e% y  a) N; R0 D4 O
"It's amazing for South America and especially for me," said delPotro. "I think this has been in my mind, forever in my life. I don'thave words to explain it." % p. C7 A' G1 e7 p' H
"I had two dreams with this U.S. Open. This is one of them," delPotro added. "The other one is to play like Roger. One is done, but Ineed to improve a lot." os.tvboxnow.com% R2 j/ [' k0 }0 }4 _; j3 X! I8 W
The 28-year-old Federer was trying to add to his men's record with a16th Grand Slam title, but it wasn't meant to be. The Swiss great fellto 15-6 in his career major finals and this was the first time he lostto someone not named Nadal in such a final.
4 \( u2 L3 b# v) v; M1 j公仔箱論壇The last time Federer lost at the U.S. Open was against another Argentine, David Nalbandian, six years ago. * [$ B1 A& u# f
Federer was trying to become the first man since "Rocket" Rod Laverin 1969 to win three straight major titles in one year. The super Swisscaptured the French Open and Wimbledon. os.tvboxnow.com. j% U4 \. G1 l1 }: [" x0 Y8 a( b3 S  i
In the fifth and deciding set on Monday, del Potro broke Federer fora 2-0 lead by striking a crosscourt forehand winner, just one of manyhe swatted on Day 15 of the fortnight.
3 n7 w  Y, _0 C. e. t公仔箱論壇Federer had chance to get the break back in the next game, but theSwiss blew a break-point chance, as "Delpo" held on for a 3-0advantage. TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。( C* z- Z% J, w0 Z- e
Five games later, del Potro broke Federer on his third championshippoint when one final Federer backhand sailed long. Federer saved a pairof championship points when del Potro launched a forehand wide to cap a17-shot rally and the Argentine netted a backhand return, respectively.TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。3 S0 y0 X; b1 i
In the first set on Monday, the amazing Federer broke a tight delPotro with a beautiful running crosscourt forehand winner in theArgentine's first service game, for a 2-0 lead. The Swiss icon promptlycruised to the first-set finish line after that.
7 R* _! g9 ?: Y6 @5 s公仔箱論壇In the second set, Federer came right out of the chute with a breakand appeared on his way to claiming the stanza. But del Potro had otherideas. tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb- Q" G. S6 t3 k' m! Z: b, j
The Argentine finally got the break back nine games later when heripped a gorgeous forehand winner down the line to pull even at 5-all,as Federer was serving for the set at 5-4, 30-love.
3 p9 I5 ^8 v  d7 \2 A  ]8 |tvb now,tvbnow,bttvbDel Potro won the second-set via tiebreak on his third set pointwith a nifty crosscourt forehand winner. The Argentine blew a pair ofset points by misfiring long with an overhead and missing long on aforehand return. 8 T$ e* C4 b! I# d) ]1 z
In the third set, del Potro appeared to shift the match in his favorwith a huge break for a 4-3 edge, but he was unable to consolidate, asFederer broke right back to level the stanza at 4-4. # T/ R: x/ p! O
Two games later, Federer got himself a set point and converted on itwhen del Potro dialed up an untimely second straight double fault. ' H/ p( Z3 o/ Q( \# w% B% F- S; z
In the fourth set, del Potro broke for a 3-2 lead and held for a 4-2advantage, as the sixth game featured a brilliant 21-shot rally, whichwas won by the Argentine when he drove in a tremendous forehand winner.& G3 v' v, ?- ]0 i4 b/ H3 I0 }
But Federer was able to get the break back two games later when del Potro netted a forehand.
! G: ?- S( y0 i& Ios.tvboxnow.comThe fourth set would eventually go to a tiebreak, which saw theArgentine prevail when Federer missed wide with a loose forehand. os.tvboxnow.com% |4 u9 s& b9 Y1 G4 W# E8 ~
Del Potro, who will turn 21 next week, pulled off the stunner in 4hours, 6 minutes, with the help of 11 double faults from Federer, whostruggled with his service game throughout the match. Del Potro piledup 60 unforced errors, but Federer tallied two more en route to thestunning setback. TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。9 j- P% P. U3 b. Z& Q- `, D2 |
Both players recorded five service breaks apiece and del Potro piled up 57 winners, while Federer finished with 56.
( Q! \% j& z- k( AThe match was staged on Monday after inclement weather wreaked havoc on the schedule here Friday and Saturday.
0 H. [$ N! H. A9 Vtvb now,tvbnow,bttvbThe last U.S. Open men's final to go five sets was 10 years ago,when Andre Agassi outlasted fellow American Todd Martin for the title. TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。/ Z7 i! Q7 H9 k1 a1 T+ c
The 6-foot-6 del Potro is now 1-6 lifetime against Federer, whosnuck past the tall South American in five sets in a French Opensemifinal back in June. 公仔箱論壇& I4 s5 U8 C! `2 `& Y) z! k2 P+ _
Federer had won his last 40 matches at the U.S. Open and beaten five different players in the previous five finals here.
' l/ ]- `/ z% M; wThe classy Swiss has appeared in 17 of the last 18 major finals, winning 11.
. W. V6 d* a2 b& ]  h% }公仔箱論壇"Of course I would have loved to win, but I had an unbelievable runhere," said Federer. "I would have never thought, five or six years agoI would have won 40 matches in a row here. It's been an amazing run forme." 公仔箱論壇3 z$ K* g% }8 H  S& _
Del Potro is now 7-2 in only nine career finals, including three titles in four finals this season on the ATP World Tour.
+ G% h% G# r3 i( i6 Y" s* jtvb now,tvbnow,bttvbFederer, who became a husband and father of twin girls and secured acareer Grand Slam earlier this year, beat Brit Andy Murray in lastyear's U.S. Open title bout, which was also played on a Monday due tosome weather problems in the Big Apple. 公仔箱論壇& z) C- {! H1 p9 b- r+ a4 P
The Basel native Federer dropped to 61-23 in his career finals,including a 3-2 mark this year. He lost to Nadal in February'sAustralian Open finale.
thanks
thanks
OK OK
返回列表