返回列表 回復 發帖

Turtle Eggs - stolen!

本帖最後由 norman.ho 於 2010-4-6 04:47 AM 編輯 tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb0 ~- _& ]# o( u  @

; `+ C" }4 j9 Q  G, G/ eI got these pictures emailed from a friend.  This is what is happening in Costa Rica, it got to stop, or there will be no more turtles left over there in a few years time, not to mention for the next generation. 2 g& K4 p( F' d: r9 a) T: c
1 |# \) C: x9 }8 p5 e: E! E

3 r" e5 L) w3 c1 Jos.tvboxnow.com   border=0 />  TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。) p) E% p) R4 E9 u9 G

0 w/ h7 l* Z3 a8 Q" x5 uTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。' {9 g2 r& O% c- E

* z  n; K- @* Mos.tvboxnow.com
" f( r# |* S8 {; r! G2 y4 e公仔箱論壇
本帖最後由 norman.ho 於 2010-4-6 02:35 PM 編輯
% B* l7 w' h( u8 r& f' c" `! s4 N
3 Q3 s, K) ~3 D4 C3# chowold2 : P$ w9 o2 I+ T, X% g6 b
os.tvboxnow.com  P+ I- m: N% d: A
I hope its true that they are just collecting the eggs for incubation.  But that doesn't make sense to me.  Over here, on one of the island near the Great Barrier Reef, where sea turtles lay their eggs, no one would disturbe them.  And when the little turtlies are hatched, the resort would make sure all the artificial lighting facing the beach are off, so the turtlies wouldn't get lost following the artificial lights.
Here, the sea turtles come onto the beach during both the day and night, they dig holes in the sand, lay a dozen eggs, cover the holes back by flipping sand back to cover the hole with their hind legs.  Then they swim back to sea.  The eggs hatch naturally with the sun warming up the sand, and the little turtles usually start crawling toward the sea at night to avoid predators.
本帖最後由 norman.ho 於 2010-4-7 08:36 PM 編輯 + L5 r1 s/ [4 Q- d) e2 J
公仔箱論壇* P* K  ?% O& W6 F$ N/ W- K4 D
8# playlord 6 {  ^7 e" E- a3 M5 ]

6 r- x* v2 n4 Q4 q- a3 B3 g; zos.tvboxnow.comI can understand your sentiment.  But looking at the huge quantity of eggs that were being taken, there must be a market for it.  And the local are too ignorant about the serious consequence.  By the way, Costa Rica is not a poor country at all.  Its a really beautiful place, many upmarket resorts, full of American tourist.  So, I think there must be plenty other alternative for the locals to make a reasonable living.  Stealing turtle eggs is just being opportunistic  to make some quick spare money.
Good to hear of your clarification.  We have a similar practice here.  Only the indigenous people are allow to hunt the see turtle for food.  And they only use spears and nets.  There is no fishing trawlers.  Any sea turtle caught by other fisherman must be released immediately.  They have no commercial value here, as it is illegal to sell them.
Chowold2, you meant "you are right again"?
bchew, I have copied your clarification and emailed it out to debunk this smearing propaganda.  Hope you don't mind that I didn't quote your name or this forum.
% J, U1 G) P% C1 y: [1 \TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。This is serious stuff.
本帖最後由 norman.ho 於 2010-4-9 02:51 PM 編輯 公仔箱論壇, J8 f9 z9 \: B  x
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。4 w  Q2 Y9 L0 ]' _& x
26# TAIPOXP TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。; K8 @9 x1 P/ j9 K& q. w5 I
I did a bit of investigation myself, here is a more balanced approach to the discussion, and I highly recommend all viewer to have a read. Here is the link:
' D# j7 o) O0 o) I7 Y6 kos.tvboxnow.comtvb now,tvbnow,bttvb5 ~0 U) ^& b; h) A1 _
http://lanic.utexas.edu/project/sdrp/tortugas.html

評分次數

• k23bb

Turtle Eggs Stolen - sensational propaganda.

Recently I regretfully posted some photos about Turtle eggs poaching without clearly checking out the facts.  These photos though genuine, the context was quite misleading and biased.  Here is a more balanced approached to the discussion.  I would recommend all viewer who read the previous post to check out this link:  http://lanic.utexas.edu/project/sdrp/tortugas.html .
" B6 s9 \: r$ ]% |  R6 Itvb now,tvbnow,bttvbAs a hard lesson learned, always check the all the facts before posting others images.
返回列表