Board logo

標題: [冬奧]Opening Ceremony: My greatest day, says Gretzky [打印本頁]

作者: carwing    時間: 2010-2-14 03:26 AM     標題: [冬奧]Opening Ceremony: My greatest day, says Gretzky

Ice hockey legend Wayne Gretzky said lighting the cauldron at theopening ceremony of the Olympic Winter Games was one of the greatestdays of his life.Gretzky, widely-regarded as the best player ofall time, helped light the cauldron inside the BC Place indoor arenabefore leaping onto a pick-up truck to make the trip to the waterfrontCoal Harbour where he lit the permanent flame for the February 12-28Games.tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb( i+ @7 r) Q+ ^! m- `: F
"Obviously, it was one of the great days of my life notonly for me but my entire family, starting today with my dad gettingthe chance to run with the torch," said Gretzky, whose father Walterhad run in the relay earlier Friday." J5 j6 u4 b' c6 J8 K( D- Y
The Ceremony suffered atechnical hitch when only three of the four columns, designed tosupport the temporary cauldron inside BC Place, rose from the ground.TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。* G5 a' D* S# x% X
Thatleft Gretzky, NBA star Steve Nash and Olympic gold medal skier NancyGreene Raine to simultaneously light the cauldron while fourth torchbearer, speed-skater Catriona LeMay Doan, was forced to stand by.TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。7 t( n" ?) k$ c3 T/ j" ~. N
"We'veall known (about the ceremony duties) since about October second. Wepromised we'd keep it a secret. We didn't even tell each other," addedGretzky.公仔箱論壇% A: o; [% ]' X) o) O& I
"The last thing he (VANOC chief executive officer JohnFurlong) said to us before he asked us to take on the responsibilitywas that 'if it gets out you're replaced' so none of us wanted to talkabout it."
作者: bigfatfat    時間: 2010-2-15 02:44 PM

thank you

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://os.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0