Board logo

標題: 新發明茄汁樽 讓你用盡每一滴 [打印本頁]

作者: vandas    時間: 2012-5-24 08:03 AM     標題: 新發明茄汁樽 讓你用盡每一滴

Come on, Heinz, catch up! Enterprising students create ketchup bottle that pours like milk (and it only took them two months)
1 j* R+ ^4 G# W2 {; |" Sos.tvboxnow.comBy Eddie Wrennos.tvboxnow.com3 x: X: L9 C6 _. r: E' m  n
PUBLISHED: 08:56 GMT, 23 May 2012 | UPDATED: 12:23 GMT, 23 May 20124 c! v4 g: D* m$ S! `

1 D" P# i" v& {. bTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。Any ketchup fan will tell you: Getting that last dollop of the red stuff out of the bottle is a headache - and it normally just ends up in the bin.+ K* [$ b  V% ^1 e
But now, a radical new bottle design could spell the end of that problem forever.& t- v; X  S( g" b" ~! X
8 \( ?5 |8 C3 ]' _7 t7 f/ ?
The MIT university team came up with LiquiGlide, a 'super-slippery' coating which makes the insides of the bottle so frictionless that the sludgy goo inside just slides out like water.
. N+ x1 i$ W+ k; BTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。
3 |$ H0 v6 d9 yTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。The results are astonishing - and any burger and chips fan out there should prepare to be amazed.
% p3 D9 P+ g, ~, c8 Wos.tvboxnow.com
+ ~* B' o4 H/ U! e. S! i/ o/ G公仔箱論壇MIT PhD candidate Dave Smith and his team of mechanical engineers and nano-technologists at the Varanasi Research Group spent two months devising a solution.os.tvboxnow.com7 T$ |/ D- L% t/ N0 X
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。8 ?0 E. R* O6 X- N9 e
Burger fan Smith said: 'We were really interested in - and still are - using this coating for anti-icing, or for preventing clogs that form in oil and gas lines, or for non-wetting applications like, say, on windshields.
, r! V/ I" T: o- I; ^TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。
" ^/ G# R+ v! S# D' G9 G5 l" b" Z'Somehow this sparked the idea of putting it in food bottles - it could be great just for its slippery properties.& K8 ~2 z- l, z  u& U/ a" u! ?* l/ Y
公仔箱論壇+ \+ L" Q0 g- `2 J! T& j
'Plus, most of these other applications have a much longer time to market - we realised we could make this coating for bottles that is pretty much ready. I mean, it is ready, as you can see.
+ R6 \( Y) ?3 f! ^3 A: v% U8 n% dtvb now,tvbnow,bttvbos.tvboxnow.com! {- z$ F* f/ L) J7 Z
'We had a limited amount of materials to pick from - I can’t say what they are, but we’ve patented the hell out of it.'os.tvboxnow.com5 ~( R$ W& D3 T0 U. k! B
os.tvboxnow.com1 c+ S* d. z7 {) y
Naturally, the team had to research their market before getting to work.
, N+ Q. p8 ~6 T
3 H% P0 {1 i" L  s" L9 w' VSmith, who is is pursuing a PhD in mechanical engineering and a minor in entrepreneurship, and already holds nine patents, told the FastCo website: 'It was never really a personal pain point for me, but I do hate struggling to get sauce out of the bottles.os.tvboxnow.com/ A( p9 b- u6 u  Q& R" O4 |5 w
公仔箱論壇8 i; K* \! M- p1 t1 e5 p% a
'I didn’t know about the tapping of the '57' until I started looking into this. It was all news to me.TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。* r6 p# W4 C7 }9 J) w6 |
" f) k& F) w& k) |9 V: o
'We have all types of sauces, jellies, and jams everywhere in our lab - It’s like a closet full of condiments.'
" u+ [5 [+ s% ~! Otvb now,tvbnow,bttvbos.tvboxnow.com2 ^3 s( ]/ u; a2 M2 B* `
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。9 t  G' c' `0 z2 P9 G& L7 g
For those who cannot see the video: See how the ketchup pours like milk towards the lip of the bottle, before landing neatly on your burger or chips
$ x0 ^/ ~# P* d# y
6 ?/ Q7 R7 K6 z: r. a6 c公仔箱論壇
4 g+ q$ W3 x5 g) F5 D( v: V  ATVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。The old way: Good luck getting that last piece out...
" u/ R3 M+ k" G6 {7 \1 fos.tvboxnow.com
/ R9 O, k, ?% A! f4 @' S, P' uos.tvboxnow.comSo why did the team pick sauces for their award-winning product?
4 ~9 H: z( ~  |, O" Htvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
9 O( V; Q; j: O( I) |: a( [tvb now,tvbnow,bttvbDave said: 'It’s funny: Everyone is always like, "Why bottles? What’s the big deal?"os.tvboxnow.com* F8 z3 \# P% J2 @- \0 c3 r

% ?  y! W/ W7 w8 y  [  E2 `' g/ HTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。'But then you tell them the market for bottles - just the sauces alone is a $17billion market.
% v. Q: L* D' R, p 5 r# f6 T" E# ^! ^+ T$ A) G
'And if all those bottles had our coating, we estimate that we could save about one million tons of food from being thrown out every year.'
5 t4 p1 O$ ~2 O" N9 y% }" MTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。
- ~" I: T8 N: A- O3 |+ r( T- ios.tvboxnow.comThe secret ingredient to the liquid coating is a heavily-guarded secret, but the team promise it is non-toxic and will be FDA approved.
7 M. B- ^3 q+ [1 P: J: `tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
& ^* `4 o( E- \/ }) U, {0 |% jos.tvboxnow.comThe $100,000 winner of MIT's contest was perhaps a bit less jaw-dropping, but hopefully just as useful.TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。" J" f# D" r# Q  g

9 s* J! s' [# R: f1 @$ KThe product, called CloudTop, was created by 22-year-old undergraduate Brett van Zuiden, and aims to remove the 'Upload' button from the web, by linking all those different services - such as Facebook, Google Drive, DropBox, and Flickr - together.0 z- T4 _# d1 c

4 t. W! P* k5 H'I get my burger and proceed to add all the necessary condiments: lettuce, tomatoes, onions…but oh no!
8 V5 s9 B0 |$ b. y0 ~9 Xtvb now,tvbnow,bttvb
' y6 [1 @9 x2 z'The ketchup bottle is running low! I violently shake and slam on the bottle but only manage to get a small drop out (or even worse, I spray it all over my clothes!)'TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。3 S) X# m& C+ M3 Q
Dave Smith, MIT, explains the problem, n! _, V) M. @/ `1 _9 S& t

: A. S$ Z4 D+ W7 I' o) k& FFor example, you could drag and drop a picture file between all the different photo services without needing to re-upload and re-tag on each occasion.3 u9 [$ p4 |" v4 q) m
tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb$ c, A" s( I1 m4 \4 h. W1 D
6 M# C$ V+ t& T9 i# J7 K8 B: }0 d
Team LiquiGlide was bestowed the Reader's Choice at MIT's Entrepreneurship Contest, winning a $2,000 prize - but their product is sure to reap them much more money in the future
7 m0 [) L5 {+ ~  q公仔箱論壇
4 i6 E3 R# m. K7 l
! b8 {0 O" G4 t- lNot a fan of ketchup? Mayonnaise lovers can also enjoy the magical properties of LiquiGlideos.tvboxnow.com" e3 Z; I9 P% H4 X0 ~+ u& n' X
* V- \, @# Q/ u% @9 o

9 z% \! w0 k' _, eos.tvboxnow.com
, z+ T6 t% p' H% z8 e* q, g2 xTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。HOW TO GET THE LAST DROP
8 y, t/ ]% T& @& y' ~5 M, ~tvb now,tvbnow,bttvbSo while we wait for the MIT team's product to come to market, how can you get that last bit of ketchup?os.tvboxnow.com  b5 I2 [# D. f3 C  {* n# o

+ N- M0 V$ P: Y0 v( R! T+ k2 cThere are many tried and true methods - all of which involves some vigorous shaking, spinning or twisting, with swearing optional.tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb$ I- c/ ^% g( v3 F  r% }
: {/ K# r8 ?$ A' j
There's the windmill approach: Swing your arm around in a semi-circle and let the centrifugal forces help you out.
  c" _( L; G& S0 B. T% I; nTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。os.tvboxnow.com# X1 J+ i' W& o/ \1 z
Or, most common, is the 'tap-tap-tap' approach, where you hit the end of the bottle and wait for the ketchup to fall - but this normally either takes a while - or ends up covering your food with way too much sauce.
' F% l1 ]1 v1 j) Wos.tvboxnow.com
5 k5 T0 r3 |+ r. a, w/ t+ ^& |tvb now,tvbnow,bttvbHeinz recommends this tip: 'To release ketchup faster from the glass bottle, apply a firm tap to the sweet spot on the neck of the bottle - the '57'.
( Q+ b3 Z! }" ]/ |% S* Ros.tvboxnow.com
- z. r. q- w. W7 S# f- j# X% P6 k'Very few people know this secret. Now you’re in-the-know.'
7 s+ m! r$ C3 A' l  o3 I8 F, zTVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。  n$ v& p$ Z/ _
When the bottle is completely full, a vacuum keeps the sauce intact - so use a knife to get the first bit out, and it will get easier after that.2 s( P% T0 h9 E/ f) f: ^, O9 p
TVBNOW 含有熱門話題,最新最快電視,軟體,遊戲,電影,動漫及日常生活及興趣交流等資訊。: g7 J/ H+ I+ k; E& T- J
And store your bottle upside-down - at least that way the slow-moving sauce has less far to travel.6 u$ i& z8 G0 s4 O. m

$ m/ z7 r1 T8 S% ~tvb now,tvbnow,bttvb

歡迎光臨 公仔箱論壇 (http://os.tvboxnow.com/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0